1. These Terms of Play apply if you play the ESPNscrum.com Fantasy League Competition ("the Game"), which is operated by ESPN (Europe, Middle East, Africa) Ltd (“ESPN”) and Fantasy League Limited (“the Promoter”).
2. ENTRY DEADLINE: In order to score points for the whole duration of the Game, entry must be made via the Website no later than 12.30 BST on Saturday, 1 June 2013. Any team entries received after 12.30 BST on Saturday, 1 June 2013 will score points from the start of the following match. To score points for a match, selections must be submitted prior to the scheduled kick-off. Player points scored from matches played earlier in the tournament will not be added in retrospect.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entries are only accepted by completing the entry form on the website located at http://espnscrum.fantasyleague.com ("the Website"). A strict rule of 'one team per person' will be enforced and will result in any suspected duplicate entrants, in the sole opinion of ESPN and the Promoter, having all teams removed from the competition.
4. CONFIRMATION OF ENTRY: Entries correctly submitted via the Website will result in an acceptance message on the Website (which entrants are advised to print out and keep) confirming the entrant's email address, password and team name and these details will be confirmed to the entrant by email.
5. Incorrect, incomplete or corrupted entries will not be accepted. The computer record of the entry will be considered to be the entry. The decision of ESPN and the Promoter is final.
6. TEAM NAMES: ESPN and the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to accept team names that are felt in its sole opinion to be inappropriate or offensive. Unsuitable names will be deleted and the team will appear under the entrant's name.
7. PLAYING THE GAME: The entrant must select their fantasy team from the player list. Each fantasy team must consist of seven players - three forwards and four backs.
8. PLAYER LIST: The players included on the player list and their positional classifications have been determined by ESPN and the Promoter. Neither party will enter into any correspondence relating to details of the player list, nor will they accept the inclusion into a team of any player not on the published list, although players may be added during the competition.
9. SCORING POINTS: Entrants will score points as follows: 5 points for every try scored by one of your players; 3 points for every try assist (try made) by one of your players; 1 point for every successful drop kick by one of your players; 1 point for every successful penalty kick or try conversion (designated kicker only); 3 points for a player making a full appearance (player starts and finishes the game); 2 pts for a part appearance (player starts but doesn't finish the game); 1 point for a substitute appearance (player comes on as a substitute); 5 points will be awarded to the official Man of the Match (where applicable), subject to confirmation. Players will lose points as follows: 1 point for receiving a yellow card; 2 points for receiving a red card. Official try scorers and substitutions to be taken from the ESPNscrum.com website.
10. The player providing the "last pass" before a try is scored is awarded three points for an assist. This can only be in the form of a thrown pass or a kick by a member of the same team, which reaches the try scorer without significant intervention from a member of the opposing team. No assist will be awarded for a pushover try directly from a scrum, or indeed any situation where there is not an obvious "last pass". Hence, there is also no assist if the try scorer picks up the ball from the ground or directly from the hands of a team-mate. An assist will only be awarded for a penalty try if a try is prevented due to an offence on an individual player to prevent a try, in which case the player fouled will gain the assist. In all cases, the decision of ESPN and the Promoter is final.
11. TEAM CHANGES: Entrants can make unlimited team changes and captain changes between matches. When making multiple team changes which involve your current kicker, please note that it may not necessarily be the case that your required incoming kicker will automatically replace the outgoing kicker. In such instances, a subsequent kicker change is required.
12. PRIZES: The winner of the Game will be the entrant whose team has scored the highest number of points throughout the Game. Winners will be notified by email within 72 hours by the Promoter, and will be required to respond to email notification. All winners are required to co-operate with ESPN and the Promoter to publicise their win as ESPN deems appropriate. Failure to comply with this rule may result in disqualification of the entry. Prizes will be awarded in accordance with the details set out in the Prize Pages, as amended from time to time. In the event of two teams finishing level on points, the Promoter will use tries scored and then assists scored to determine a winning team. In the event of both of these additional factors also being tied, then the team that was entered first into the competition will be deemed the winner. The prizes are only available to entrants who reside within the United Kingdom.
13. GENERAL: ESPN and the Promoter’s decision in relation to the award of prizes and all other matters associated with the Game will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prizes are non-transferable and there are no alternative prizes unless determined by the ESPN and the Promoters.
14. The Promoters' computer record of the entry will be considered to be the official entry. The Promoters and its associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies do not accept liability for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network conditions which may limit or prohibit the opportunity to participate in the Game.
15. The Game is only open to persons residing in a country where the Game is not prohibited or otherwise unlawful. Employees of ESPN and the Promoters, their associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, and game sponsors and any person connected with the Game are excluded from entry.
16. The rules, point structure and assist awards scheme are all the copyright of the Promoter. No information may be reproduced in any format without prior written consent from the Promoter. Fantasy League is a registered trademark and cannot be used without the express permission of the Promoter.
18. Entry into the Game constitutes permission for ESPN and the Promoters and/or their associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies to use the names, team selections and photographs of participants at its discretion. All winners shall be required to participate in any such publicity as the ESPN and/or the Promoters reasonably require.
19. The ESPN and the Promoters reserve the right to refuse to accept any entry which, in their opinion, does not comply with the terms and conditions of the Game or which contravenes the spirit of the Game. ESPN and the Promoters, further have an absolute discretion to disqualify any entry, or vary, amend or waive the terms and conditions of the Game at any time and participants agree that no liability shall attach to either party as a result thereof and that the exercise of such discretion shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any entrant.
20. It is a condition of entry to the Game that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
21. ESPN and the Promoters accept no responsibility whatsoever for anything that may be published on a Private League bulletin board.
22. Any site users or entrants found to be attempting or suspected of attempting to hack into any servers or systems run by the Promoter will be immediately removed from the system and have their entries cancelled.
23. ESPN and the Promoters will make all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the Game information on the Website and to update such information on a regular basis, but do not guarantee that such information will be accurate or up-to-date at all times.
24. ESPN and the Promoters reserve the right to investigate any complaints that they receive but shall be under no obligation to do so. Should the either party choose to exercise this right, their decision shall be final and binding on all complainants and they shall not enter into any correspondence regarding its decision or any other matter.
25. Except as expressly provided in these Terms of Play, and to the extent permitted by law, ESPN and the Promoter and its employees, agents and partners disclaim any and all liability in respect of any loss or damage arising out of the Game and/or Website, whether such loss or damage results from negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, and whether in contract or in tort or otherwise, including but not limited to the loss or corruption of data, any errors or omissions, content, delays or interruptions in transmission or operation and lines or communication failure. In no event shall ESPN and the Promoter be liable for any loss of profit, goodwill and any indirect, special or other consequential or incidental damage, whether foreseeable or not.
26. If any provision of these Terms of Play proves to be illegal or unenforceable, this shall not prevent the remaining provisions continuing in full force and effect.
27. These Terms of Play will be interpreted in accordance with English law and the entrants agree that all claims arising from their participation in the Game which they may bring against ESPN or the Promoters will be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
28. If you have any problems in accessing details about your chosen team or any other details regarding your entry or any general queries, please contact us.