, as amended from time to time.
c. Substitution; Taxes. No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except at ESPN and/or the Promoter's sole discretion due to prize unavailability. ESPN and/or the Promoter reserve the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable value or greater value. THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL LOCAL, FEDERAL AND STATE TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. Prizes awarded in the form of gift cards can only be used for future purchases at the location stated on the gift card. Gift cards are NOT redeemable/exchangeable for cash. Other restrictions may apply.
d. Prize Delivery. Prize winners should allow up to 28 days following confirmation to receive their prize.
e. No Warranty. Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter and each of its respective agencies or related companies have not made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality.
f. Eligibility. Only Entrants who reside in countries where the Game is not prohibited or restricted by law will be eligible to win a prize.
12. ENTRY ERRORS/NO RETURN OF ENTRIES; DISPUTES. Neither ESPN nor the Promoter are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Neither ESPN nor the Promoter are responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Game, including, without limitation, (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
Once submitted, entries become the sole property of ESPN and the Promoter and will not be acknowledged or returned. The promoter's computer record of the entry will be considered to be the official entry. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification. Either ESPN or the Promoter may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and/or password associated with the winning entry. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected (i.e., the next highest scorer) if he/she does not comply with these rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible). ESPN and the Promoters accept no responsibility whatsoever for anything that may be published on a Private League bulletin board.
13. PRIZE CONFIRMATION AND ACCEPTANCE. If no response is received after the Promoter has made reasonable efforts to make contact and within a reasonable period of time, or a winner declines to accept the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to the next highest scorer. Any prize which is returned or cannot be delivered may be used for another competition or given to charity. Neither the Promoter nor ESPN will have any responsibility to anyone who has not responded. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Winners are solely responsible for any and all expenses, relative to participation in the Game (including acceptance of any prize) not specified herein.
14. PUBLICITY RELEASE. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return a written release form and, except where prohibited, a publicity release. Except where prohibited, participation in the Game constitutes winner's consent to ESPN's and the Promoter's, and any of their respective agents' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
15. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions and to the Promoter's decisions. The decisions of the Promoter in regards to all matters of the Game are final and binding.
16. CANCELLATION OR DISQUALIFICATION.
a. ESPN and the Promoter reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Game and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Terms and Conditions, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner which contravenes the spirit of the Game. Without limiting the foregoing, ESPN and/or the Promoter may lock out an Entrant who, in their sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter.
b. Without limiting the foregoing, ESPN and/or the Promoter may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Game if, in the sole opinion of the Promoter and/or ESPN, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Game, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labour controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared). In the event that the Autumn Internationals is postponed, terminated early, or cancelled for any reason (such as a strike or lockout), ESPN and/or the Promoter reserve the right to award prizes based on scores at the time the tournament is disrupted, or to cancel, modify or suspend the Game at its discretion. In the event of a cancellation or termination by ESPN or the Promoter, the Entrant who has accumulated the highest point total (and who wins any pending tiebreakers) at the time of any said action will be awarded the prizes, or the prizes will be awarded in such other manner deemed fair and appropriate by the Promoter.
17. GAMBLING PROHIBITION. This Promotion is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
18. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY ESPN. and the Promoter do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Game or prizes, and are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Game; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Promotion; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion, access to, copying or downloading materials from the Website or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize. Entrants' legal rights as consumers are not affected.
19. EMAIL SAFETY. In the event that ESPN wishes to contact Entrants in connection with their entries, contact will be via an email ending in 'espn.com' or by phone with a follow up e-mail. Any email which appears to come from ESPN but using a different ending (e.g. hotmail.com, yahoo.com etc) should be treated with suspicion and forwarded to ESPN Customer Services at email@example.com Entrants should NOT respond or act on any e-mail if they are not sure that it comes from ESPN or from the Promoter.
20. WINNERS LISTS; COPYRIGHT. For information regarding the names of the winner(s) send a stamped addressed envelope to the Customer Services address at ESPN Sports Media Limited, 3 Queen Caroline Street. London W6 9PE, quoting "Winners List" and the name of the competition. The rules, point structure and assist awards scheme are all the copyright of the Promoter. No information may be reproduced in any format without prior written consent from the Promoter. Fantasy League is a registered trademark and cannot be used without the express permission of the Promoter.
21. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. The laws of England apply and any disputes will be dealt with in the English country courts only.